SEPTA has scheduled 3 public hearings on the King of Prussia Rail Project (KOP Rail), to be held 11/13 and 11/15.
Each session will include an open house and presentation that will offer participants an opportunity to meet with the KOP Rail team; view a presentation on the plan for extending rail service to destinations in King of Prussia and Upper Merion Township, Montgomery County via SEPTA’s Norristown High Speed Line (NHSL); and submit comments, either privately or during the public hearing, on the recently published Draft Environmental Impact Statement (Draft EIS) and the Project’s recommended Locally Preferred Alternative (LPA) route.
Sessions will be held on the following dates:
1. Monday, 11/13, 1p-4p (Public comment session: 2p-4p) DoubleTree Hotel, Jefferson Ballroom, 301 West DeKalb Pike, King of Prussia, PA 19406
2. Monday, 11/13, 5p-8p (Public comment session: 6p-8p) DoubleTree Hotel, Jefferson Ballroom, 301 West DeKalb Pike, King of Prussia, PA 19406
3. Wednesday, 11/15, 5p-8p (Public comment session: 6p-8p) Norristown Municipal Building, 235 E. Airy Street, Norristown, PA 19401
SEPTA and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) released the Draft EIS on 10/13. The Draft EIS, which is available here, identifies alternatives and analyzes the effects the proposed project would have on the natural, cultural and socioeconomic environments. During the public hearings, attendees are welcome to publicly or privately comment on the content of the Draft EIS. Individuals will be allotted two minutes to speak and those representing a group will be allotted three minutes. Sign-up sheets will be available at the public hearing registration tables. Please note there will be no responses to questions or comments from the project team during the public hearing.
The public can also submit comments on the Draft EIS in the following ways:
• Letters addressed to Ms. Liz Smith, SEPTA Project Manager, c/o McCormick Taylor, Inc. (ATTN: ECW), 2001 Market Street, 10th Floor, Philadelphia, PA19103
• Comment cards received at the public hearing or mailed to the address printed ont he cards
• Emails received at [email protected]
• Through the online comment form available at www.kingofprussiarail.com/comment.html
All methods of commenting receive equal consideration. Comments on the Draft EIS must be received by 12/4, for inclusion in the public hearing record.
In addition to the public hearings, SEPTA has scheduled four KOP Rail public information sessions:
1. Monday, 11/6, 4p-7p, Dilworth Park, 1 S 15th Street (West Side of City Hall), Philadelphia, PA 19102
2. Thursday, 11/9, 4p-7p, King of Prussia Mall Transportation Center, King of Prussia Mall, King of Prussia, PA 19406
3. Tuesday, 11/14, 4p-7p, Upper Darby Municipal Building, 100 Garrett Road, Upper Darby, PA 19082
4. Wednesday, 11/15, 6a-9a, 69th Street Transportation Center, 6901 Market Street, Upper Darby, PA 19082
The information sessions will provide the public with opportunities to learn more about the project and meet members of SEPTA’s project team at times and locations outside of the traditional public meeting venues.
For existing NHSL service information, visit www.septa.org or contact SEPTA Customer Service at (215) 580-7800.