We here at SEPTA want to do everything we can to make sure that you have a safe holiday season. Safe for you, safe for those around you, and safe for the planet.
We're proud that we're able to help so many people get where they're going, and even more proud that do that safely, so here are some steps you can take to be as safe as possible.
1. Wear a Mask----- Wearing a mask is vitally important everywhere you go in public. We ask riders to wear their masks for the entirety of their trip, and to make sure that the mask is covering you nose and mouth. This is a great way to keep not only yourself safe, but those around you as well.
2. Maintain Social Distance----- When possible, keep a fair amount of space between you and the people around you.
3. Wash Your Hands Often----- This is important any time you leave the house! Wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds, or the time it takes you to sing Happy Birthday to yourself!
4. Watch Where You're Standing!----- When waiting for a train, trolley, Market-Frankford Line, Broad Street Line or the Norristown High Speed Line, make sure you're behind the yellow line. When waiting for a bus, take a step back from the curb.
5. Ride - Don't Drive!----- Just by riding public transportation in the first place, you're 10X safer than if you were to drive yourself. Not only that, but it's a great way to decrease your carbon footprint!
So if you're headed out this holiday season, let us do the driving! We're working tirelessly to keep you safe. Follow these steps to help us along the way!