There are SEPTA Key cards out there that expire on November 30, 2019 so please take a moment to check the "GOOD THRU" date on the front of your card. If your SEPTA Key card is set to expire and it is not already registered, please do so immediately (http://septa.org/key/register.html). Registering your card not only protects your card if it's misplaced, it also makes it much easier to transfer any Travel Wallet funds or unused One Day Independence/One Day Convenience Passes. Instructions on how to register are below.
Before you can transfer the fare product(s) on an expiring SEPTA Key card you will need to:
Purchase a new SEPTA Key card. You can purchase a new SEPTA Key card at a Station or Bus Loop Fare Kiosk, at a SEPTA Transit and Center City Regional Rail Sales Location. You can also go to one of the External Retailers that sell Key Cards or the outlying SEPTA Regional Rail Ticket Offices now selling SEPTA Key Cards, but please note these locations cannot transfer fares on an expiring SEPTA Key card. You will need to pay the $4.95 purchase fee but if you register the card within 30 days, this amount will be credited to your Travel Wallet for use at a later time
Register your new SEPTA Key card to your existing account.
Once you have a new SEPTA Key card, you have two options to transfer your fares:
1. Visit a SEPTA Sales Location - you can buy a new card and have your fare product(s) transferred on the spot in one transaction.
2. Call the SEPTA Key Customer Call Center (855-567-3782) (please note it can take up to 48 hours to process this request). Please note the Call Center cannot process unused One Day Independence or One Day Convenience Passes. This transfer can only be completed at a SEPTA Sales Location.
If your card expires and it is unregistered, your only option is to contact the SEPTA Key Customer Call Center at 855-567-3782 to request a credit/refund for any unused Travel Wallet funds - so please remember to register your SEPTA Key card.
How to Register Your Key Card Online:
• Create an account by going to www.septakey.org and clicking on "create an account" in the blue box at the top left side of the homepage.
• This takes you to the Account Registration page. Fill in the field with your information and follow the prompts to complete the process.
• Once you are finished with Account Registration, you will receive an email to Confirm Registration. Click the link in the e-mail and you'll be ready to go.
• Return to www.septakey.org and enter your username and password in the blue log-in box. Hit enter.
• On the next screen, there will be a red icon on the left that says Register Key Card. Click on the link and include your 16-digit Key Card number when it asks for "Key Card." You also need to create a PIN for your card.
• Once you've entered all the information to register your SEPTA Key card, click Submit - and your registration is complete. You can now use the Key website to load/reload fares, set up an auto-load account, review your trip history, or report a lost or stolen Card.