As gas prices near record highs, SEPTA is encouraging more residents to check out the affordable and convenient public transit options available throughout the city and region.
For less than half of the cost of a gallon of gas, customers can ride the Market-Frankford Line, Broad Street Line, Norristown High Speed Line, buses, and trolleys.
Regional Rail is also cost-effective – and through the end of March, customers can save even more with 25% off all weekly passes.
SEPTA is ready to accommodate riders who are seeking relief from high gas prices and we are committed to providing affordable, reliable, and safe service for our customers as we navigate through these challenging times.
SEPTA is running high-frequency service with significant capacity available.
While ridership is less than 50 percent of what it was before COVID, schedules have returned to near pre-pandemic levels, so there is plenty of room on board.
The Authority is also offering more consistent service throughout the day by adding trips to the midday hours in addition to the traditional morning and evening rush hours.
For those who have not used SEPTA since the start of the pandemic, there are several new discounts and incentives in place, including:
• One free transfer between buses, subways, and trolleys
• Kids 11 and under ride free with an adult on all modes of travel
• New three-day passes designed to meet the needs of shift workers and those working hybrid schedules
• Credit cards are accepted for payment ONBOARD Regional Rail trains
• Free parking at all SEPTA-owned lots through June
• Also, through the end of March 2022, customers can get a 25% discount on all weekly TransPasses and TrailPasses. TransPasses are valid for travel on Transit modes, including all buses, trolleys, and subways. TrailPasses can be used on Regional Rail and on Transit. Savings range from $6.50 to $13.75:
Customers can load discounted weekly passes through all sales venues including SEPTA Sales Offices, SEPTA Key Fare Kiosks, and online at septakey.org.
Customers who need a Key card can purchase one at SEPTA Sales Offices or from a SEPTA Key Fare Kiosk.
For details on schedules and fares, please click here. Real-time updates are also available on the website and on Twitter by following @SEPTA.