Beginning Sunday, August 1, 2021, the NEW - yes new - SEPTA Route 135 will replace bus service currently provided by Krapf Route A!
While there will not be any major service changes, riders who use this route will be able to get discounted fares by using the SEPTA Key card.
The route will follow the Krapf service routing with some minor adjustments.
To view the route map and schedule, please click here.
SEPTA Route 135 will maintain service to key locations for riders to access jobs, education, health care services, shopping and government offices. This includes service to Coatesville, the Lincoln Highway retail corridor, Downingtown, Exton Square Mall, Main Street at Exton, West Chester Transportation Center, and Chester County government offices in West Chester Borough.
The Route 135 will also link service to SEPTA’s Paoli/Thorndale Regional Rail Line at Thorndale and Downingtown Stations.
Service will operate seven days a week from 6am to 10pm on weekdays, from 6:30am to 9:15pm on Saturday, and from 7am to 6:15pm on Sunday.
At the West Chester Transportation Center, customers will find convenient connections to SEPTA Bus Routes 92 and 104 for travel to King of Prussia and 69th Street Transportation Center. Customers who make these connections can get a free transfer by using the SEPTA Key card.
With the launch of the 135, the Route 92 will be adjusted to start and end at West Chester Transportation Center. Service between West Chester Transportation Center and the Exton Square Mall that is currently on the Route 92 will be part of the Route 135.
At Exton Square Mall, riders will be able to transfer from the Route 135 to the Route 204 for serve to points north and east.
To help Route 135 riders get the benefits of using the SEPTA Key card, SEPTA has scheduled pop-up events with the SEPTA Key Truck. The truck is equipped with fare kiosks for purchasing cards, and employees will be on-site to assist customers and answer questions. Three events have been scheduled prior to the launch of the Route 135 to help customers get ready for the switch:
• Thursday, July 22 – noon to 6pm at Lincoln Ave & 3rd Ave, Coatesville
• Saturday, July 24 – 8am to 1pm at Route A bus stop at Exton Square Mall, Exton
• Tuesday, July 27 – 8am to noon at Lincoln Ave & 3rd Ave, Coatesville
Reminder - Kids 11 and under ride FOR FREE when accompanied by an adult as do Adults 65+ (seniors) with a SEPTA Key Senior ID Card. If you don’t already have a SEPTA Key Senior ID Card - the following State Representatives and Senators can assist – all you need to do is go to their office to apply:
• Representative Danielle Friel Otten (Exton & Downingtown) 631 Pottstown Pike, Exton PA 19341; Phone 484-200-8259
• Representative Dan Williams (Thorndale) 3496 E. Lincoln Highway, Thorndale, PA 19371; Phone 484-200-8256
• Representative Dianne Herrin (West Chester) 21 W. Washington Street, Suite A West Chester, PA 19380; Phone 610-696-4990
• Senator Carolyn Comitta (West Chester) 17 E. Gay Street, West Chester, PA 19380; Phone 610-692-2112
For more information about Route 135 - click here.