Available in the official SEPTA App - SEPTA Key Tix is THE new and convenient way to pay for transit using your smartphone!
Riders can use SEPTA Key Tix for bus, trolley, the Broad Street Line (BSL), Market Frankford Line (MFL), and Norristown High Speed Line (NHSL). This does not replace SEPTA Key cards or Quick Trips but provides a simple solution for occasional riders who want to enjoy the same benefits as cardholders - including one free transfer per Transit trip.
SEPTA Key Tix also gives people traveling together the capability to “scan once” by activating up to 5 one-way tickets to pay fares for up to five riders using a single barcode.
Here is step-by-step guide on how to purchase and use SEPTA Key Tix in a few short steps - it’s so easy:
1. Open the home screen of your SEPTA app. There you will see the option to buy or manage Key Tix.
2. “My Account” will slide up your phone screen and you can either create an account or login to an already existing account. Please note - you are not required to have a SEPTA Key account for this transaction. The account being created is just for SEPTA Key Tix.
3. Click “Create Account” and here you will be prompted to fill out account details such as username, password, and a security question.
4. You will then be prompted to fill out personal information such as your name, email address, phone number, and address.
5. In the last step of creating an account - you will have to check your email for a confirmation link in order to validate your account.
6. Once you sign in with your new username and password - you can then purchase your SEPTA Key Tix but will need to add a method of payment first.
7. Once purchased - your SEPTA Key Tix will be in the “Purchased” tab then when activated it will move to the “Ready to Use” tab.
8. When you’re ready to use your SEPTA Key Tix - all you have to do is click on the QR code and scan it at the validator. Hold your phone screen facing upward. Now you’re ready to ride! All SEPTA Key Tix are valid up to 2 hours of activation.
Click here for more information on SEPTA Key Tix and related FAQs. Click here to download the Android or iOS SEPTA app.