SEPTA operates eight (8) Trolley Lines: 10, 11, 13, 15, 34, 36, 101, and 102. Routes 10, 13, 15, and 36 are Night Owl routes, operating 24 hours a day. Riding the Trolley is a lot like riding a Bus:
1. First things first. Download the SEPTA App for schedules, maps, TransitView, and more!
2. Grab your SEPTA Key (Don’t have one? Click here for info!). Trolley fare is $2 per ride; your first transfer is free, $1 for your next transfer if you have a SEPTA Key card. If you're paying cash, the cost is $2.50 and you must have exact change - the Trolley Operator cannot make change. Monthly and weekly TrailPasses and TransPasses are accepted as well as a One Day and Three Day Convenience Pass and a One Day Independence Pass.
3. Go to your Trolley stop or station.
4. Board the trolley. (Passenger etiquette tip: Let people off before getting on.)
5. Tap your SEPTA Key card on the "validator" located next to the Trolley Operator.
6. Take a seat and watch for your stop.
7. To request a "stop", pull the yellow cord.
8. Exit trolley.
Check Trolley schedules to plan your trip.
✔️ Strollers & shopping carts may need to be folded depending on conditions (except wheelchair strollers).
✔️ Yield designated seats to Seniors & Disabled Riders.
✔️ Drinks in containers with a resealable lid and light, small snacks OK on board.
✔️ Don't share your music - use earbuds or headphones.
✔️ Keep phone calls brief, talk in a low voice, don't use the speaker, mute the ringer.
✔️ Check that you have all of your belongings before leaving the Trolley. Be alert for unattended bags or items.
✔️ Stand behind the yellow line and move towards the back of the Trolley.
✔️ Stay on the curb until the Trolley pulls away.